TLIG Prayer Groups, Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is an official TLIG prayer group?
1. What is an official TLIG prayer group?
2. Is it said in the messages to meet in a prayer group? Why can't I stay at home and pray for myself?
Jesus said, "when two or three are gathered in my name I am present". A TLIG Prayer Group can gather together in any suitable place. Our Faith is community Faith based on the faith handed on to us by the Apostles, that is why Jesus did not act alone but formed a community, around Him, the Apostles, the Church , and we are part of the community. (BACK)
3. Where do I register our prayer group to be an official TLIG prayer group?
4. Can I be in a non-official TLIG prayer group?
Like all spiritualities one needs to be part of the whole spiritual family, therefore one does not get the necessary support of the whole spiritual family if one acts independently, this is what it means to be part of the Family of God. (BACK)
5. What is the purpose of a TLIG prayer group?
To follow the teachings given to us by the Holy Spirit in the TLIG Messages, that is to live as the Family of God, not to live independently, like all families we need each other, because we have so much to give each other. Vassula says the main purpose of a TLIG Prayer Group is to pray for Unity (BACK)
6. What can I expect to get out of a TLIG prayer group?
All the graces given to us by the Holy Spirit when we contemplate the TLIG Messages in a TLIG Prayer Group. (BACK)
7. I belong to a prayer group already, why should I join a TLIG Prayer Group?
The Spirituality of TLIG is unique, it contains Messages that God is dictating to Vassula today. A TLIG Prayer Group is an opportunity to contemplate this unique spirituality. (BACK)
8. How do I find an existing TLIG prayer group?
9. What is expected from the participants?
To be open to the TLIG Messages in humility and love. (BACK)
10. Who leads the group? What is required from a leader?
11. Does the leader of a prayer group need to be qualified? Does he/she get special training?
The TLIG Prayer Meeting Guidelines Book, composed by Vassula, is so well structured that every member of a TLIG Prayer Group can take it in turns to guide the Prayer Group through the Prayer Meeting. It is important that the group is guided by each member in turn. (BACK)
12. How do I start a TLIG prayer group?
13. Can we meet in a house or should we meet in a church/chapel?
A house or a church/chapel can be the place to hold a TLIG Prayer Meeting. (BACK)
14. What materials do I need and where do I get them?
A Bible, a full set of TLIG Volumes, an appropriate focal point like a crucifix or an icon with a lighted candle in front of it. A rosary, both Catholic and Orthodox, and a TLIG Prayer Meeting Guidelines Book. (BACK)
15. What books do we read at a TLIG prayer group?
16. During the prayer group meeting, when we read from the TLIG messages/bible do we read the whole message or just part of it?
Just read the amount that is appropriate and that people can remember. (BACK)
17. How long is the prayer meeting supposed to last?
By experience no longer than an hour and a half. (BACK)
18. We would like to sing, are there any booklets with TLIG songs? Where can we get them?
In a TLIG Prayer Meeting anything other than the contents of the TLIG Prayer Meeting Guidelines Book, would be a distraction. (BACK)
19. Is it good to have a coming together with coffee and something to eat afterwards, or will the atmosphere be destroyed by the chatting?
Vassula thinks that once a month, a gathering of this sort after a prayer meeting can be done for the purpose of getting to know one another as a big family. In bigger groups of around 30 people she proposed to set up a Canadian dinner where everyone brings something and socialize so that one gets better acquainted with each other. (BACK)
20. Is there any link between prayer groups, evangelization and Beth Myriam?
Every one of these are under the TLIG Associations with different activities. (BACK)
21. Is there a resource for help with specific problems we have with our prayer group? Like: One person tends to dominate our group / the people disagree about how long it should last / one person likes to do healings and most of us do not trust him/her. / We have a person who comes to our group with their own messages from God. What do we do?
Out of all those who came in our groups claiming that they too had "messages" none of them were authentic. This is the sign of a Jezebel spirit trying to penetrate in the group with its own agenda. So anyone who comes in that way, the group of TLIG should not admit this person in their group. A person who in truth has her own charism of this kind always has her own mission and her own prayer group. This is one of the signs. If there is a discord of opinion and signs of control, it has to be reported immediately to Vassula, Fr. Abberton and Fr. Sullivan. (BACK)
22. I read a lot of Maria Valtorta and other visionaries. Can I bring these materials to a TLIG prayer group?
No other spirituality should be brought into a TLIG Prayer Meeting, Vassula is very insistent on this. The spirituality of TLIG is unique, it does not need the support or comparison with any other spirituality (BACK)